As the market begins to pick back up, people are starting to think more about homebuying. As you get started, one of the best things you can do is get pre-approved to understand how much house you can afford and give your seller confidence when the offer comes in.
But what does that process look like and what should you expect from your mortgage lender?
In this episode, Bill will take you through the process that we go through with clients at Cross Country Mortgage and explain the different types of approval that typically happens. Plus, he’ll provide a market update and share the economic data he’s paying closest attention to.If you’re in the market for a home in 2023, make sure to listen to this episode and ease any anxiety you might have about getting started.
Here’s some of what we’ll discuss on this episode:
- A market update on rates and what data Bill is watching closest. (2:33)
- Where does the pre-approval process begin? (6:00)
- How we assist buyers in areas to improve their pre-approval application. (7:43)
- Do multiple pre-approvals negatively impact you? (9:50)
- The three levels of approval and what they mean to the home-buyer. (14:47)
- Some Do’s and Don’ts for homebuying. (17:59)
Enjoyed the episode? Make sure to subscribe and share with your friends and family.
If you have questions about the mortgage process of buying a home or the ins and outs of refinancing, take advantage of our complimentary 15 minute mortgage consultation.
QUOTABLE MORTGAGE MOMENT: